We’re looking for an imaginative, detail-oriented Copywriter to create compelling content that will help our clients’ businesses to grow.
As one of our Copywriters, you’ll work closely with our clients to draft marketing, sales, and services content that reflects their brands and achieves its goals.
You’ll interpret briefs to create copy for a variety of forms, channels, and purposes. To get the stories and insights you need, you'll conduct customer interviews and carry out rigorous desk research. To inhabit our clients’ worlds, you’ll define their buyer personas and messaging. And you’ll collaborate with your colleagues on any copy they write to turn already great drafts into content our clients’ readers won’t want to miss.
If you are hardworking, and looking for a fun place to thrive, then simply complete our application form and upload your CV.
No two days will be the same, but you might find yourself involved in:
- Creating a content calendar, tone of voice guide, or similarly strategic content resource to inform your client’s content production
- Brainstorming ideas with the Inbound Marketer and Strategist on one of your accounts.
- Pulling performance data for the Strategist to include in the quarterly report, to be presented at their review next week.
- Attending a workshop with a new client to understand who their buyer personas are and how we can best engage them across the buyer’s journey.
- A full business meeting to discuss any issues/challenges/wins across our clients ahead of a new working week.
- Interviewing a client’s colleague to learn more about a niche subject for one of your forthcoming articles.
- Research for a long-form guide you are due to write to ensure the point you make in your introduction is well-grounded and clearly evidenced.
- Drafting an instructive/advisory article for a client with the aim of helping the reader to solve a problem they are facing in their business.
- Reviewing an Inbound Marketer’s social copy for spelling and grammar.
- Reviewing another Copywriter’s article draft for spelling, grammar and SEO before it is sent across to the client.
This job might be for you if:
You thrive in a busy environment and are comfortable getting your head down and focusing on what needs to be done. You can also balance creativity with analytics when implementing content marketing activity, tactics and campaigns.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Writing for a wide range of forms, channels, and purposes such as editorial pieces by-lined by our clients’ thought leaders, short-form copy for distribution across LinkedIn, and informative product sheets designed to nurture a prospect or upsell a customer.
- Writing for our clients’ Marketing, Sales, and Services functions, from search-friendly website copy that attracts visitors and story-driven workflow sequences for nurturing leads to helpful Knowledge Base articles aimed at supporting existing customers.
- Drafting our clients’ buyer personas to understand our target audiences and how to communicate with them across the buyer’s journey.
- Drafting our clients’ messaging so that our copy speaks in their voices, reflects their brands, and where appropriate, tells the real stories that call out their core values.
- Pitching ideas to, and collaborating with, our Strategists to enable them to create content strategies that fuel our clients' objectives.
- Conducting content audits to uncover your clients’ existing content assets, review performance, and uncover insights
- Drafting your clients’ content calendars to document and organise the Strategist’s content strategies
- Optimising and repurposing existing content to help it perform better or align it with a certain campaign.
- Editing all copy created by your account teams for spelling and grammar and ensuring all written content reflects your clients’ positioning, messaging, and tone of voice.
- Monitoring your copy’s performance to maintain accountability and promote success.
- Assuming function roles for certain accounts like project management responsibilities, editing, and other duties to enable the business.
- Building strong relationships with our clients and growing your personal brand until such a time that organisations are asking for your services when they partner with us.
Who you are:
- Every trip to the coffee shop is a character study. You really see people — what they care about and what makes them tick.
- You have an ear for the rhythms of the written word and genuinely care about how your writing impacts the reader.
- You recognise that a brand is usually a Mentor, not the Hero
- You enjoy working at a fast pace and are capable of turning around edits quickly
- You have professional B2B writing experience, either for an agency or in-house
- You believe in the value of written content and communications that deliver
- The pleasure’s in the writing
Why you'll love working here:
- Being part of a company that focuses on its people, joining a team of like-minded individuals with a focus on culture, hard work, having fun, transparency, openness, and enthusiasm.
- Excellent opportunity within a growing company and fast-paced industry.
- ½ a day per week for training and professional development to support a clear career path.
- Location: remote/office-based (negotiable).
- Job type: full-time, permanent.
- Hours: 20 - 25 hours per week.
- Salary: up to £30K (pro rata)
If this sounds like you and you’re ready for a challenge, then you’ll fit right in. Apply today!
No agencies please