To ensure that all our people-related policies and procedures fit the needs, goals, and short term aims of the business and our longer-term strategic vision for the business.
Building relationships and providing exceptional service, advice and support to the business on all people practices, policies and employee relations matters.
As this is a stand-alone HR role, there will also be all the usual day to day HR administration, compliance, implementation of policies and management of our people processes too. To set up and implement best practice work systems and people processes with all relevant supporting documentation and templates to ensure we are keeping up to date with employment law changes and leading-edge people practices.
If you are hardworking, and looking for a fun place to thrive, then simply complete our application form.
Location: Based remotely/in the office
Reports to: Managing Director
Direct Reports: None
- Work closely with the leadership team to enhance employee performance, foster and nurture strategic people enablers for the business such as talent attraction, people development and BabelQuest culture, Wellbeing, as well as develop people solutions to help the business achieve the organisation’s objectives.
- Ensure we comply with all relevant current employment legislation and HR best practices where appropriate.
- Using existing templates, or improving upon current templates or processes, create and implement HR best practice processes for all our current people processes.
- To improve and develop better systems of work to ensure that all our templates, policies and procedures are up to date and being followed.
- Provide appropriate legal advice on all employee relations matters and follow up appropriately with managers when advice has been given to ensure the matter has been documented appropriately and resolved.
- On complex ER or Occupational Health issues, liaise with our preferred Employment Lawyers and work with other professionals as necessary.
- Spot opportunities for further help and people support needed within the business, discussing this with the relevant Manager/MD.
- Develop strong and effective relationships with our Leadership team, employee team and our suppliers as necessary.
Who you are:
- The ability to work on your own and from a home office without a regular team to support you. However, needs to be a team player who can work effectively with colleagues/systems remotely.
- Must be willing to roll up their sleeves and complete all HR work as this is a stand-alone role with no HR administration support.
- The ability to establish strong working relationships immediately with teammates and employees alike.
- Strong communication skills, ability to influence across all levels of the organisation, with a consultative approach.
- Strong problem-solving skills and are resourceful. Working in a small business we don’t have unlimited budgets and as such, you need to be creative and do your own research for people related projects etc.
- Demonstrates energy and a positive attitude.
- Tenacity and a strong desire to make a positive difference to the business.
- Attention to detail able to produce high quality of work consistently.
Professional Skills/ Abilities:
- CIPD qualified to a minimum of level 5, ideally level 7
- Have held a standalone HR BP/Manager position previously, or have worked remotely and are able to demonstrate a successful track record as an HR Business Partner
Education / Qualifications:
- Educated to a good standard with particular emphasis on communication skills both in writing and verbally.
Why you'll love working here:
- Looking for part-time hours 15-25 per week
- Being part of a company that focuses on its people, joining a team of like-minded people with a focus on culture, hard work, having fun, transparency, openness, and enthusiasm
- A trusting and accountable ethos that involves a real flexible working approach and unlimited holiday
- Excellent opportunity within a fast-paced, growing company and industry
- £38,000 - £45,000 pro rata
- 10% personal development time: ½ a day per week for training and professional development and clear career path
If this sounds like you and you’re ready for a challenge, then you’ll fit right in. Apply today!
No agencies please
Perks of the Job
- We support flexible working and unlimited holiday because you have a life outside of work
- Speaking of life, we offer every employee a comprehensive life cover plan
- We foster a learning culture across the business, with frequent conference invites, a training budget, and ½ a day’s allowance every week to dedicate to your training
- The team even goes to HubSpot’s INBOUND conference every year to make sure they can bring back the latest news for marketing, sales, and HubSpot
- If you share our passions, are naturally curious, and have a love of inbound, then we want to hear from you.